Ho w to Create A Better Niagara
- I am committed to creating a Regional Council that is transparent, collaborative and responsible to the people of Niagara. No more cabals. No more backroom deals.
- I am committed to constructing stronger communities in Niagara by creating jobs that build on our strengths and competitive advantages, supporting innovative approaches to affordable housing, respecting and protecting the natural environment we all depend on, and developing a comprehensive regional public transportation system. No more cronyism. No more favoritism for special interests.
- I am committed to being part of a fiscally responsible regional government that uses your tax money to benefit all Niagarans. No more bloated salaries. No more suing of citizens. No more inflated expense claims.
- I am committed to helping create safer, more liveable urban areas by addressing poverty, the opioid crisis and mental health while improving relations between municipalities, individuals and police services. No more wasting tax payer’s money on contract buyouts. No more adversarial relations with Police Services.
- I am committed to improving internal communication and morale within the various departments of the Niagara Region. No more terminations without cause. No more intimidation of employees.
- I am committed to opening the regional political process to greater citizen and community input through real consultation at the community and neighbourhood level and soliciting public input on major policy directions. No more seized computers. No more unnecessary in-cameral meetings.
- I am committed to strengthening the identity of our region by investing in and protecting natural, cultural and heritage organizations and assets. Support for Regional Culture. No more bulldozed forests. No more unnecessarily lost heritage.
I am Mark Elliott, and I am committed to building A Better Niagara!